FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
BOOK SORTER DUTIES
for the books stores and book sale
Member of the Friends of the Library are needed to sign up to sort books. Hundreds of books are donated
weekly at Kennedy Library and must be sorted into specific categories for the store and sales.
Sorters will be trained and another sorter will volunteer along with a newcomer at first.
Sorters volunteer at their Convenience, daytime or evenings, whenever Kennedy Library is open.
The Main responsibilities of a sorter are to:
- Volunteer an hour or two on a regular basis, preferably weekly
- Volunteer when called upon if a large amount of books are donated at one time or
when books need to be boxed up
- Sort books into categories and place them on shelves in the sorting room
- Box up books when shelves are full or right before a sale
- Keep the sorting room neat
If interested in become a member of the Board of the Friends of the Library or if you would like to become a Sorter,
please contact Maggie Serpico, President of the Friends, at email@example.com.